Monday, December 1, 2008

Sad Day

For the past few months, I have been saving our change in a bucket to cash out to buy Christmas presents. Today, the bucket was full and I was so excited to take it to coin star and buy some gifts. I got to the store and the coin star was out of order! Since the only other coin star I knew of was about 7 miles up the road, I was pretty upset and Kennedy was sad that she had to get back in her car seat so soon. I set my change on the trunk and put Kennedy in her seat SCREAMING her lungs out. I remember thinking to myself "It sure would be stupid of me to leave the change on the trunk, but I won't do that." We drive to the next store, get out of the car, and the money bucket is no where to be found! I felt sick to my stomach at that point, but I still had hope that someone had found my money and turned it in. Needless to say, I have driven up and down the streets, asked lost and found and walked around the wal mart parking lot with no luck at all. I don't know exactly how much money was in there, but I am guessing it was around $40.00 or more. I am so sad right now. All I can do is feel sorry for myself, even though I know it won't bring my money back. But honestly, it was almost all we had budgeted for Christmas this year. Kennedy will be fine since the whole family seems to be buying for her, but just so you all know, there will be no Webb family Christmas cards sent this year. I hate that this happened today, but I guess it happened for a reason...right?

1 comment:

Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

That is sad. i hope you had some christmas miracles and had a memorable (for good reasons) Christmas.